1. 4000 jatropha seedlings were raised in Parivarthana for gap filling of the seedlings that died in the phase II and were planted in April-June 2010.
2. During our visit in Aug 2010, we bought 180 lb of seeds collected by the collective effort of several participating farmer of Thippalapuraat the rate of Rs.5/lb.
3. We conducted meetings in small groups with the interested farmers who are the partcipants of Global Call to Youth, and convinced several of them to cultivate jatropha in their unused, waste lands and as bunt crop in two neighboring villages. Dallal Koppalu and Mahadevapura. Some agreed to intercrop jatropha with the regular crop.
4. We transported the seeds to Labland Biotechs for oil extraction.(Aug 2010)
5. We distributed the biodiesel produced to the farmer leaders of neighboring villages to run their irrigation pumps.
6. The test runs were successful.
1. Distribute the high quality jatropha seeds for cultivation to the new participating villages.
2. Encourage participating farmers to collect the seeds from their plot during harvest season.
3. Expand jatropha cultivation to other villages
4. Raise funds in order to fulfill the financial obligation.
5. In addition, we will also encourage the cultivation of other biofuel plants such as pongamia and Sima Ruba.